Enrolling in the Academy, you get so much more
We are on a mission to equip a new generation of dog trainers
Becoming an expert dog trainer requires continued education, opportunities for hands-on experience, and the support of a training community. With our program, you have access to all of this and more.
When you register for a week-long Academy Course here at our training facility:
- You gain access to our Training Textbook and course prep materials
Your week at the facility:
- Intensive days at the facility (8:30 am - 4 pm, Monday - Friday)
- Lectures by Joel Beckman
- Constant hands-on training throughout the day with a variety of dogs (with a variety of backgrounds)
After you complete the course:
- You will receive a Beckman's Academy Course Certificate of Completion. When you complete our course you receive a Course Certification of Completion, which you can note on your resume. You might be asking yourself, "what is the significance of having a certification?"... and our answer is a little complicated, but that the certificate itself is not terribly significant. Anyone in the dog training industry can offer certifications, and there are currently no colleges offering degrees in "dog training". The closest thing, that we know of, is Moorpark's animal training and management program (Joel's alma mater). What does matter is picking a school, academy, or program that is going to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to be successful in the industry. We encourage you to do your research and when you do, we believe you will agree that our program (with an emphasis on gaining a breadth of knowledge, going deep into concepts, practically applying your knowledge, gaining an incredible amount of hands on experience with a variety of dogs, and joining a community of like-minded trainers for support and continued education) is one of kind AND one of the best. To better understand the significance of a certification, read more at The Association of Professsional Dog Trainers webpage under "Do I have to have a certification" and "Are there dog training schools".
- You will be better prepared to take the CPDT-KA (Certified Professional Dog Trainer-Knowledge Assessed) Exam. The CPDTA-KA and CPDTA-KSA are two nationally recognized certifications many aspiring dog trainers are interested in gaining. These certifications are not associated with any course, school, or academy, but are stand alone exams. For more information check out the CCPDT page.
- Membership to our Beckman's Certified Trainers Facebook page - A community of like-minded trainers connecting with each other to share resources, ask questions, and support one another
- Your name listed on our "Beckman's Certified Trainers" website page
- Potential job placement assistance with one of our facility partners or with Beckman's Dog Training
THE ACADEMY IS A PROGRAM UNLIKE ANY OTHER
We are not an online school.
Joel Beckman has worked with a variety of Dog Training Schools and is passionate about the week-long, hands on intensive program. We know you can learn the basics of dog training online watching videos and reading articles. We want to take your knowledge and confidence to the next level--and this program will get you there.